Amazon’s Kindle 2 is the second generation Kindle. According to Amazon, Kindle 2 holds about 1500 books. It is slimmer than the original Kindle.
If you do not like too many books in the front screen of your Kindle app, then it might be the time to add them to a collection. Your Kindle can organize books and some other content into file folder known as collections. The same thing can be done with your e-books.
If you do not have collections on Kindle, it may be difficult to get this option.
Follow the process below:
- Turn on the Kindle App.
- Download book you want to add to the collection.
- Be sure that the book is highlighted in the non archived view.
- Tap on the right arrow key to bring about a list of options.
- Enter the select key in the center of the 5 way controller.
- You will see selection pointer on Add to Collection option.
- After a moment, the list will appear.
- Select down arrow till the screen is highlighting an option with name create a new collection.
- You may require to turn the page with page turning options on the left and the right sides of the device.
- Press the select button in the center of % way controller.
- Enter your desired collections name.
- Press the down arrow on the 5-way controller.
- The device should now itself default the location to save button.
If you want to delete the collection
- Highlights name of the collection on the Home screen.
- Tap right to open Collection options.
- Choose the desired action with a controller.
- Follow all the on-screen instructions.
To import collection from another Kindle.
- Choose archive Items from Home screen of Kindle.
- Choose Add Other Device Collection.
- Choose the desired collection to import.
- Press OK to confirm.
Importing a collection from other device doesn’t import books if they are not already downloaded. Books related to the collection will itself appear under collection name of Home screen.