Are you trying to learn French because you are planning a trip to Paris soon? If you are learning a new language, or brushing up on your native one, then you might have become tired of learning from books. To make language learning easier and fun, you can try to watch videos in that language. Netflix contains a variety of TV shows and flicks in almost all major global languages. Some of the movies on Netflix are dubbed while others are originally in foreign languages.
However, if you are a new learner, then you might need transcripts along with the audio. Now, if you have a Netflix subscription, then you can easily download foreign language movies along with their subtitles. Learning a new language is a daunting task. Apart from diction, you need to focus on grammar as well as pronunciation. You can also download the subtitles and refer to them as and when needed. Here is the stepwise process for downloading a foreign language subtitle file on Netflix:
- Firstly, you need to pick out the show or flick you wish to watch.
- Launch Google Chrome browser and go to the Netflix website.
- After logging in, go to Browse.
- Click on Audio and Subtitles.
- Now, you will be able to go through all the available content sorted by audio and subtitle language.
- Click on Audio and pick the desired language.
- Now, you will be able to see all the movies and TV shows available in the chosen language.
- Click on the show or movie you wish to watch.
- Pause it and then hit the following keys: Control + Shift + I
- Allow the Chrome Developer Tools window to open.
- Turn off the subtitles and refresh the window.
- After that, activate the subtitles you want.
- Refresh the window.
- Click on the Network tab in the Chrome Developer Tools window.
- In the search bar located in the upper left corner, enter the following text: ?o=
- Click on the entry name that starts with ?o=.
- Click on Open in new tab from the list of options.
- Allow the file to get downloaded.
- Now, you simply need to convert it to a text format.
- Lookup any free subtitle convertor on the web.
- Attach the subtitle file for the Netflix video.
- Click on the .srt file format.
- Convert the file.
- Save it in your computer when done.
You can open the subtitle file in Notepad. Print it out and use the transcript for revision. You can also convert it to PDF format and import it to your Kindle reader.
David Martin is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Robert has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as www.office.com/setup