Due to various ways, the unwanted programs get access to the Chrome Browser through enterprise policy. These extensions become hard to remove and they save their roots in the Windows registry. These extensions contain a variety of software products which automatically download in the system.
Unfortunately, these extensions will not be disabled from your computer and Chrome using the web browser’s settings. The removal requires deep processing to eliminate extension from the base of the registry of the operating system. The process might get complicated, so it is better if you follow the instructions from the guide. These instructions will provide a step-by-step manual on how to delete the extension.
Here’s how to eliminate “Installed by enterprise policy” extension in Chrome
Try to Uninstall the Extension
- Press Windows Key + R.
- Now, the Run program will open in your computer.
- Now type Control Panel and press Enter.
- The control panel window will open.
- Click View by and select Large icons.
- Click Program and Features.
- Select the unwanted and unknown programs.
- Now, click Uninstall from the upper bar.
Delete the Registry Key
- Open the Chrome browser and click the hamburger
- Now click to open Settings
- Click Extensions from the left pane of the tab.
- Now, all the Extensions enabled and disabled will appear.
- Click Developer mode from the top right corner.
- Under the affecting extension, you will see the ID. Copy
- Now, again press the key sequence to open the run program.
- Type regedit and press Enter. It will open Registry Editor.
- Click Edit from the toolbar and select Find… form the menu.
- Paste the ID which you copied from Chrome extension tab and click Find Next.
- Right-click the registry key ID in the matching Data value and select Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the delete.
- Now open My Computer and click the address bar of Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to C:\Users\[your system name]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions.
- Now you will find the folder matching the ID. Right click on the folder to select to delete.
- Now double click on C: drive and open Windows.
- Open the System32 folder and then click to open GroupPolicy
- Double click on the Machine and a pol file will appear.
- Delete the file from the folder.
There is another alternative step to solve the problem.
- Open Chrome and go to chrome://policy.
- In the Machine, click on the Show value under Policy value section.
- Now copy C:/ProgramData/dgoiddfiaigjfjblblmidmpgokkegkld.
- Go to the address bar in Windows Explorer and paste the address in the address bar.
- Now, you will see the files matching with the name. Delete the file from your computer.
The process is over. When you open the extensions tab in Google Chrome browser, you will notice that there is no Installed by enterprise policy extension. This means you are successful in eliminating the unwanted extension from the web browser.