AirPods, released in December 2016, are entirely wireless earphones by Apple. They are equipped with a W1 which allows them to get paired with other devices.
These wireless earphones work flawlessly. Even though AirPods can be set up easily, the procedure may not be familiar to a number of people. Therefore, we present you an easy to follow guide on how to set up AirPods.
Setting up AirPods on an iOS Device
- Firstly, you need to unpack the wireless earphones.
- Now, place the AirPods in their original casing.
- Unlock your iOS device.
- Open the Home Screen.
- Now, lift the lift of the AirPods box.
- Place the AirPods case, including the AirPods, near your iOS device.
- Let the iPhone or iPad identify the AirPods.
- You will be notified to connect the AirPods.
- Touch the Connect button.
- You will be asked to hold down the back button located in the AirPods case.
- Wait for the status on the prompt on your iOS device to display “Connecting.”
- When the process is over, you will see the remaining battery for your AirPods.
This is it. You can successfully set up your AirPods. Now, whenever you lift the AirPods case’s lid, your earphones will get paired to your iPhone or iPad. Since it process barely takes a couple of moments, you can use the AirPods basically whenever you take them out.
Setting up AirPods on a non-Apple device
If you do not have any Apple device, then do not worry as AirPods can be used as a Bluetooth headset on any device. Here’s how:
- Enable Bluetooth on your non-Apple device.
- Open the Bluetooth settings.
- Place the AirPods in their original case.
- Put the lid up.
- Long press the button located at the rear of the case.
- Wait for the status light to turn white.
- Wait for the AirPods to show up in the list of available devices,
- Choose AirPods.